The earthy spices combined with winter vegetables create spectacular, hearty soup loaded with healthy nutrients. To complete this one pot meal just add our gluten-free savoury bread.
Winter Farmers Market Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 cups dry lentils + 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size organic leek; white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. organic GF smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. organic GF chili powder
- 1 tsp. organic GF ground cumin
- 2 organic GF bay leaves
- 12 cups water or your favourite stock
- 3 large organic tomatoes, cut into bit size pieces
- 3 cups organic white cabbage, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 acorn squash, peel, remove seeds and cube
- 1 bunch organic baby kale, cut into bite size pieces (if you do not have baby kale, remove stems before cutting)
- ¼ cup organic GF apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Soak lentils in 4 cups of water for 4 hours, for best results overnight. Then drain and rinse.
- 2. In a large soup pot add olive oil and leeks, sauté for 5 minutes, and then stir in paprika, chili powder, cumin and bay leaves until just fragrant
- 3. Add water/stock, lentils, tomatoes, cabbage, squash and kale; bring to boil turn down the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour or until lentils are fully cooked.
- 4. Add apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and season with sea salt to taste. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...