Thai Carrot Soup ~ Naturally Gluten-Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 tbsp. coconut or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small organic onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- Pinch of organic GF cayenne (optional)
- 1 tbsp. organic GF ground cumin
- 1 tsp. organic GF ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. organic GF nutmeg
- 4 cups organic GF chicken or vegetable stock (if vegetarian)
- 8 medium organic carrots, cut into large pieces
- 2 Sprigs of fresh Thai basil or you can use regular basil. Remove leaves from stem
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 - 3 tbsp. GF fish sauce (depending how salty you like it)
- 1 tbsp. organic GF tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed organic lime juice
- 1. Add oil, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and cayenne into a large soup pot. Sauté for about a minute. Stir in cumin, cardamom and nutmeg until just fragrant
- 2. Add stock, carrots and basil; cook for 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove lemon grass and stir in coconut milk. Remove from the heat and puree in batches
- 4. Return back to the pot and reheat the soup. Add fish sauce, tamari sauce and lime juice, and then taste and adjust flavour if needed by adding more tamari sauce, lime juice or fish sauce
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...