Sweet Potato, Savoy Cabbage And Chicken In A Light Curry Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 tbsp. coconut or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed + 2 tbsp. organic GF curry powder
- 1 organic tomato, cut to small pieces
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups peeled sweet potatoes cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 cups organic savoy cabbage cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 organic carrots, diced
- 8 organic or free-range skinned, boneless chicken thighs, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 cup organic cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp. all purpose GF flour and ½ cup water, whisked together for thickening
- 1. Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan, add onions and cook until soft.
- 2. Stir in garlic, curry powder and tomato until well combined, and then add coconut milk, sweet potatoes, savoy cabbage, carrots, chicken and salt.
- 3. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 minutes
- 4. Add cilantro, lime juice and thickening mix and cook until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Serve with lime wedges and fresh cilantro over basmati rice.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...