Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – The Healthy Version
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9 inch pie
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- For the crust ~ 1 cup pecans • ½ cup GF almond meal • 1 tsp. ground flax seed • 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup • 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- For the topping ~ ¼ cup ground pecans (use food processor to ground pecans or equivalent) • ¼ cup quinoa flakes • ¼ cup pure maple syrup • ¼ cup millet • ¼ cup coconut oil
- For the filling ~ 4 cups rhubarb, cut to small pieces • 4 cups ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced • 1/3 cup coconut sugar • 2 tbsp. cornstarch • ½ tsp. cinnamon • 1 tsp. grated organic lemon zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F and place rack in the middle of the oven
- 2. For the crust ~ Add all the pie crust ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth, pat the mixture into 9 inch pie dish and with a fork make holes through out, bake for 5 minutes
- 3. For the filling ~ toss all the filling ingredients together and evenly pour into the pie crust after the crust has finished baking for 5 minutes
- 4. For the topping ~ combine all the pie crust ingredients until it becomes crumbly, using your hands works best. Then sprinkle on top of the filling
- 5. Place pie in the oven and bake at 375 for 35 - 40 minutes or until the topping becomes slightly golden
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...
If you haven’t tried stuffed pork tenderloin with spinach and...