Spanish Pork and Sausage Casserole
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about ½-inch thick. Remove as much fat as possible
- 4 gluten free Italian or Chorizo sausages, if you like spicy
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut to bite size pieces
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika, if you do not have smoked you can use sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. caraway seeds
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 Roma or vine tomatoes, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large deep frying pan. Add pork chops and cook over high heat until browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate
- 2. Add sausages, onion, yellow pepper and garlic to the pan and cook over medium heat until onions softened, turning the sausage so they are browned on all sides
- 3. Stir in paprika and caraway and return pork chops to the pan.
- 4. Stir in wine, tomatoes, bay leaves and parsley and season with salt. Cover the pan and cook for 35 – 40 minutes
- 5. Remove the sausages and cut into thick slices, then return to the pan and cook for 3 more minutes
- 6. Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes
- 7. Tip: this dish can also be made in the oven. Once you stir in the wine, tomatoes, bay leaves and parsley transfer the casserole into a deep baking dish, cover and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Add a little water if needed during the baking
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...