Sesame Chicken with Sunomono Salad
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds (any colour)
- 4 oz (115 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 medium size cucumber, peel and thinly slice (I used spiralizer)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp (.60 mL) or pinch of red chilli pepper flakes
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F
- 2. In a small bowl mix ginger, tamari sauce and maple syrup and then brush the chicken with the mix and top with sesame seeds. Place coated chicken on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Do not overcook or the chicken will become dry.
- 3. While the chicken is cooking combine cucumber, rice vinegar, garlic and red chili pepper flakes and season with salt.
- 4. To serve, place tomatoes on a plate or in a bowl and then top with salad and then chicken. The cucumbers will release some liquid adding delicious flavour to the tomatoes
- 5. NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and use organic ingredients whenever possible
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...