This delightful citrus chicken dish is a combination of oranges and Italian spices. The chicken is deliciously tender and juicy, cooked in an amazing zesty sauce. The fresh citrusy flavour with caramelized crispy skin makes this an outstanding chicken dish. The great part about this recipe, it is so easy to make. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta
Roasted Citrus Chicken Recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking pan with parchment paper
- 2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, except the oranges
- 3. Transfer the chicken to prepared pan and coat with the sauce
- 4. Arrange the orange pieces under and in-between the chicken and bake for 50 minutes
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...