Potatoes are low in calories, about 110 calories for a medium potato and contain significant amounts of vitamin C, potassium, B-6, iron and fiber. A single potato also contains small amounts of folate, calcium, magnesium, zinc and 7.5 g of protein. This trio of simple ingredients is rich in many vital vitamins, and will keep your immune system strong, help heal your nervous system and because parsley helps flush out excess fluid from the body it will support kidney function. Did I mention this potato side is explosively delicious!
Potatoes With Parsley and Garlic
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes washed and quartered
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Note: use organic ingredients whenever possible
- 1. Place potatoes in salted water and cook until just tender, about 10 -12 minutes
- 2. Drain the water from the potatoes and cover
- 3. Combine parsley, garlic and olive oil/melted butter and pour over the hot potatoes, cover with a lid and roughly toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- 4. Serve hot…YUM!!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...