Mediterranean Olive Bread – Gluten Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 loaf
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. gluten-free active dry yeast
- 1 cup gluten-free brown rice flour
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp. gluten-free tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp. gluten-free ground flax seed
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. organic, gluten-free apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mixed dried pitted olives (I used black and green)
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1. In a small bowl stir warm water and honey, then add in yeast and let it rest for 15 minutes
- 2. In a large bowl mix flours, starch, flaxseed and sea salt.
- 3. Add olive oil and apple cider vinegar to yeast and stir
- 4. Pour yeast mix in the flour and add in olives, and then with a spatula stir until it forms dough in a ball shape. Cover with a clean tea towel and rest for one hour. After an hour fold the dough over a couple of times and lay on a cornmeal dusted clean tea towel and dust with a little cornmeal on top and cover with the tea towel for two more hours.
- 5. Place a cast iron pot without the lid in the oven and preheat to 450 F (I used Le Creuset Dutch oven)
- 6. Once the oven is preheated gently transfer the dough to the heated pot and cover with the lid. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake 20 more minutes
- 7. Place bread on a cooling rack to cool.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...