Kale Salad with Cumin Chicken for Weight Loss Diet
- 4 oz (115 g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp (14 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) ground cumin
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) paprika
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced kale, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp ((30 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Note: use organic ingredients whenever possible and gluten-free spices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F
- 2. Season chicken breast with lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and wrap in parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes
- 3. While the chicken is cooking mix tamari sauce, lemon juice, garlic and sesame oil and toss with the kale. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4. Remove cooked chicken from parchment paper and cut into strips
- 5. Top the kale and with chicken slices and serve. This salad can be served with warm or cold chicken.
- 6. Tip: you can add 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the kale salad that adds only 44 calories making the salad heartier.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...