The robust flavour of kale and the earthy taste of kabocha squash combine especially well with ginger curry vinaigrette. This power bowl is jam packed with flavour and healthy nutrition, making it a great choice for clean eating diet. Serve this hearty salad as a main or as a side with fish or chicken
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 medium size kabocha squash
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 large orange, peel and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- FOR THE GINGER CURRY VINNAIGRETTE
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil plus some for brushing the squash
- 1 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger (about 1-inch)
- 1 tsp. agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and preferably organic
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F
- 2. Cut kabocha squash in half and remove the seeds. Slice into ½-inch pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush kabocha squash with olive oil and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Leave the skin on and cut into bite size pieces
- 3. Wash the kale thoroughly and remove the stems, then slice into thin strips
- 4. Place kale, kabocha, orange, pepper and quinoa in a large bowl
- 5. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and pour over the vegetables
- 6. Toss everything together until all the ingredients are well covered and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir just before serving
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...