Combination of chickpeas, garlic and fresh lemon juice, creates this extra creamy amazing dip. This hummus is delicately flavoured and can be served as a snack or appetizer with some fresh veggies or as a sandwich spread instead of butter or mayonnaise. There are many versions of hummus, but this is truly the best one!
Hummus – Naturally Gluten-Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- ¾ cup dried chickpeas or 2 cans (13.5 oz. each) drained. I always use dried chickpeas, they have more flavour and are more economical
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus some for sprinkling
- 2/3 cup tahini paste
- Sea salt to taste
- Pinch of organic, gluten-free cayenne pepper for sprinkling
- 1. Add the chickpeas in a bowl with 5 cups of cold water and let soak overnight.
- 2. Drain the chickpeas and add plenty of fresh cold water, about 4 inches above the chickpeas, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for one hour or until chickpeas are soft, and then drain.
- 3. Add cooked chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and tahini in a food processor and blend until creamy. Stir in salt and transfer to a serving dish.
- 4. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and cayenne pepper.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...