Clafoutis is a baked dessert with fruit in a custard-like batter that originated in France. Traditionally this dessert is made with cherries but you can use any variation of fruit such as pears, apples, plums or blueberries. This rustic dessert is super easy to make and can be served warm or cold for casual family dinner.
Gluten-Free Pear and Plum Clafoutis
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) + 1 Tbsp (15 mL) turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) full-fat coconut milk or full fat milk
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp (.25 mL) sea salt
- 3 ripe pears
- 3 firm-ripe prune plums
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F
- 2. Rub an 11-inch round baking dish with coconut oil and sprinkle with one tablespoon of the sugar
- 3. In a large bowl beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 4. On low-speed mix in coconut milk, vanilla, lemon zest and salt and then add the flour and mix until smooth
- 5. Peel and core the pears to small chunks about 3/4-inch and thinly slice the plums removing the pit first
- 6. Arrange the pears evenly in the baking dish and pour the batter over the pears then top with plums
- 7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the custard is golden. The custard will deflate a bit once it has cooled, this is normal
- 8. You can sprinkle the clafoutis with a little more sugar or drizzle with pure maple syrup
- 9. NOTE: use organic ingredients whenever possible
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...