Looking for amazing gluten free bread, look no further. This bread has a perfect consistency nice and soft inside without crumbling and a crispy crust. It is made with olive oil and with flax adding fiber, protein and healthy fats. The cheese adds just that extra flavour in this delicious savoury gluten free bread. This bread freezes exceptionally well
Gluten Free Olive Oil Cheese Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 small loaves
- Difficulty Level Easy
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 2 ¼ tsp. active dry yeast (not instant dry yeast)
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1/3 cups tapioca starch
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cups sweet sorghum flour
- 2 Tbsp. potato flour
- 1 Tbsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. Mediterranean pink salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Stir ¾ cups of water with flax seed and set aside for 15 minutes
- 2. Stir yeast, 2 cups of warm and agave until mixed and set aside for 10 minutes
- 3. Mix dry ingredients
- 4. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and flax seed mix in a large bowl Add 1/3 of the dry mixture at a time to the wet mixture and mix until blended
- 5. Add in yeast mixture and mix until combined, then using a spatula stir in cheese. Transfer dough into 2 8x4-inch greased bread pans, cover with a towel and set aside in a warm place for 2 hours. The dough should double in size
- 6. Preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 1 hour. Cool loaves in bread pans for 15 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...