Gluten-Free Lemon Pecan Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 slices
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 3 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. gluten-free cornstarch
- 1 tsp. gluten-free baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 organic eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 1 organic lemon, thinly sliced and cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9-inch spring form cake pan with a circle of parchment paper
- 2. Add pecans into a food processor and process until the texture becomes like flour, and then add in coconut flour, cornstarch, baking soda and sea salt and pulse few times until all ingredients are well combined.
- 3. Separate the eggs into two bowls, and then add olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest in the bowl with egg yolks and mix
- 4. In another bowl beat the egg whites until they form a peak.
- 5. Add dry ingredients to a large bowl, and then stir in egg yolk mix until all ingredients are well combined
- 6. Then gently fold in egg whites and transfer batter into spring form cake pan, top with a thin slice of lemon.
- 7. Bake for 45 minutes, then cool completely before removing from cake pan.
- 8. FOR THE GLAZE
- 9. Add butter, lemon slices and maple syrup in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the glaze slightly thickens about five minutes, and then drizzle over the cake. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...