Gluten-Free Deluxe Carrot Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour I used (Cup 4 Cup)
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten-free cinnamon
- ½ tsp. gluten-free baking soda
- ¼ tsp. organic, gluten-free nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 organic eggs or egg substitute (works just as well)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1 cup grated organic carrots (approx. 2 carrots)
- 1 cup grated organic apple (approx. 1 large apple)
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup organic sulfite free dried fruit (raisins, apricots, dates, currants)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Zest of one lemon
- FOR THE ICING:
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature (you can use low fat version)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line the bottom of a springform cake pan with parchment paper
- 2. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a medium size bowl
- 3. In another bowl whisk together, eggs, olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla
- 4. In the third bowl combine carrots, apple, lemon juice, dried fruit, pumpkin seeds and lemon zest
- 5. Stir egg mix into the fruit and then add to flour mix, gently combine and pour into the springform cake pan.
- 6. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from cake pan
- 7. For the icing, whisk together cream cheese, lemon juice and maple syrup until creamy, then taste and adjust for sweetness by adding more maple syrup or lemon juice. Then spread over the carrot cake. Enjoy.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...
If you haven’t tried stuffed pork tenderloin with spinach and...