In France crepes are eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The fillings and toppings can vary from sweet berries and yogurt, to savoury spinach and cheese or to chocolate and whip cream. I used vanilla coconut yogurt with fresh organic strawberries. Crepes can be frozen between two sheets of parchment paper for future use.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 crepes
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. gluten-free tapioca flour
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1. Combine dry ingredients
- 2. Whisk together eggs, water, olive oil and maple syrup
- 3. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until all smooth. Let the batter rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- 4. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, and then lightly coat with butter Add 1/4 cup of batter and swirl to cover the bottom of skillet. Cook until underside is golden about 3 – 4 minutes, then loosen the edges with a spatula, flip and cook 1 more minute. Slide crepe to a plate and continue until you use up all the batter. Use butter as needed.
- 5. TIP: if the batter becomes too thick add a little water, the consistency should be like a thick cream.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...