If you are on the hunt for that perfect chocolate dessert, look no further. For chocolate lovers, this dessert recipe is a must try. Gluten free chocolate lava muffins are light with a gooey chocolate center. This is a stunning dessert that will satisfy anyone’s chocolate craving and impress your guests every time. Once you prepare the batter, all you need is ten minutes of baking time. I have made this dessert many times, and each time it has been a big hit. Serve as is or with a dollop of cream or fresh berries
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 8 oz. gluten free semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. dark rum or pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sweet sorghum flour
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- butter or non-stick cooking spray for coating muffin pan
- 1 Tbsp. pure cocoa powder
- Powder sugar for dusting (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F
- 2. In a small glass or metal bowl over pot of boiling water, melt chocolate and butter together. Add rum/vanilla and stir. Remove from the heat
- 3. In a separate bowl combine coconut sugar, flour, arrowroot powder and sea salt
- 4. Add dry ingredients into chocolate and mix with an electric mixer until smooth
- 5. Add one egg at a time and beat until creamy
- 6. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder. Spoon batter into muffin pan ¾ full
- 7. Bake for 10 - 11 minutes. The muffins should be gooey in the middle. Invert on a baking sheet and immediately transfer onto a serving dessert plate. Dust with powder sugar if desired. Serve immediately
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...