Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 chicken breasts (preferably free-range or organic)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. green peppercorns
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup gluten free chicken stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet to tenderize them and season with salt and pepper. Dust the fillets with flour on both sides, and shake off any excess flour
- 2. Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium/high heat, add the olive oil and brown the chicken 1 – 2 minutes each side. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside
- 3. Reduce heat to medium/low and add the shallots, garlic and peppercorns. Sauté for 2 minutes, you can add a little more olive oil or butter if needed
- 4. Stir in tomatoes and then add the chicken, wine, chicken stock and lemon juice. Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes
- 5. Season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley and basil. Remove from the heat
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...