This creamy soup is simple yet wholesomely delicious. There are many versions of cheesy cauliflower soup, this one is made without cream, butter or flour making it a healthier option. I have added bacon as of the toppings, which is entirely optional but certainly adds to the tasty flavour. Serve with gluten free crusty bread or crackers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups gluten free organic chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese plus some for topping
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 cooked slices of bacon, roughly chopped (optional)
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 1. In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat, add onion and cook, occasionally stirring until the onion turns golden about 10 minutes
- 2. Stir in turmeric, black pepper, and nutmeg and then add the cauliflower and chicken broth. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes
- 3. Transfer half the cauliflower mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Return pureed soup back into the pot and reheat. Stir in cheese and remove from the heat. The cheese will melt through out the hot soup
- 4. Taste and season with salt. Since the chicken broth and cheese are already salted, you may not need to add any more salt
- 5. To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls and top with cheese, bacon, and parsley
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...