- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- ½ cup organic gluten-free flax seed
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ cup gluten-free buckwheat flour
- ½ cup gluten-free almond flour or coconut flour
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (I used Grandpa’s Kitchen flour blend)
- 1 tsp. organic gluten-free ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. gluten-free aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 medium size organic carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp. freshly minced ginger (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (if you like more sweetness you can add a splash more)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen organic blueberries (if using frozen add them frozen) I prefer to use wild frozen blueberries they are smaller and sweeter
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a muffin pan with parchment paper cups
- 2. Combine water and flax in a medium size bowl and set aside for 45 minutes
- 3. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients
- 4. Add grated carrot, ginger, lemon juice, vanilla and oil into the flax mix and stir well
- 5. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix with a spatula until all the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix. Gently stir in the blueberries
- 6. Spoon out batter into parchment muffin cups and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. If you don’t have parchment muffin cups, grease the muffin pan well
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...
If you haven’t tried stuffed pork tenderloin with spinach and...