This is a wonderful combination of fresh fruit, zucchini, almonds and flax, that makes a healthy breakfast cake or a snack throughout the day. The best part is that kids love it, and it is a tasty way to incorporate fruits, vegetables and nuts into their diet without added refined sugars and saturated fats
Gluten-Free Banana Apple and Zucchini Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 x 8-inch cake
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 cups almond meal (not almond flour)
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1 cup grated apple with skin (about 1 medium size apple)
- 1 cup grated zucchini with skin (about 1 small zucchini)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs whisked (or egg substitute, see our recipe for egg sub)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and preferably organic
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line the bottom of an 8x8x3-inch baking pan with parchment paper
- 2. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- 3. In a separate bowl whisk together balance of ingredients
- 4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well, then pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from the pan
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...