Not strictly a traditional muffin recipe. These delicious gluten free apple zucchini muffins are moist with a fresh apple flavour. Since they are dairy free and egg free they will compliment most diets. Starting your day with a muffin that is rich in protein, fiber and vitamin C will give you lasting energy. Enjoy!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- ½ cup water and 2 tbsp. flax seed (soak for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder (preferably aluminum free)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup grated apple with skin on (approx. 1 large apple)
- 1 cup grated zucchini with skin on (approx.1 medium size zucchini)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and preferably organic
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a muffin pan with paper liners
- 2. In a large bowl combine flours, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt
- 3. In another bowl add flax mix, apple, zucchini, orange juice, coconut oil, maple syrup/agave nectar and vanilla and whisk together
- 4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until a smooth
- 5. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden. Cool the muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer onto a cooling rack
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...