Chickpeas with Light Honey Mustard Dressing
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1/2 pound dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans), soaked overnight in cold salted water at room temperature
- 1 whole onion
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 shallot grated
- ¼ cup gluten-free mustard
- ¼ cup full fat plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 celery stalks diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free and preferably organic
- 1. Drain chickpeas and place in a large pot with onion, bay leaf and cloves. Cover with cold water by 3 inches, cover and simmer until chickpeas are tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 2. While the chickpeas are cooking prepare the dressing. Whisk together, shallot, mustard, yogurt, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and sea salt
- 3. Drain and rinse the chickpeas under cold water and discard bay leaf and onion
- 4. Place chilled chickpeas, celery and parsley in a large bowl and pour the dressing on top. Gently toss until all the ingredients are well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or for best results store overnight in the refrigerator. Stir just before serving
- 5. Tip; for best flavour and texture use dry chickpeas, but you can use 2 x (15 oz.) cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...