Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya with Black Rice
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, remove seeds and chop (optional)
- 3 large tomatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 uncooked chorizo sausages, remove from casing and cut into bite-size pieces (most good butchers have gluten-free sausages)
- 1 cup black rice (known as forbidden rice)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- NOTE: All ingredients including spices must be gluten-free. Preferably use organic ingredients whenever possible
- 1. Heat olive oil in heavy bottomed pot, add onions and cook until translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, marjoram and sea salt and then add the chicken. Brown the chicken on all sides.
- 2. Stir in peppers, tomatoes and corn, and then add water, apple cider vinegar and bay leaf. Bring to boil and then add chorizo. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes
- 3. Add the black rice, cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, then add the long grain rice and parsley, cover and cook for 10 more minutes
- 4. Remove from the heat and rest for 10 more minutes. Give it a good stir just before serving
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...