Carrot and Beet Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 medium organic beets
- 4 medium organic carrots, peel and dice
- 1 medium size onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) gluten free organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped organic fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped organic fresh mint
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure maple syrup
- Sea salt and gluten-free, organic ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Cook beets in water approximately half an hour or until you can pierce the beet with a toothpick. Drain the water and chill. Once the beets have cooled peel and thinly slice
- 2. Cook carrots in water for 2 minutes and then drain
- 3. For the dressing whisk all the ingredients together.
- 4. Add dressing to beets and carrots and gently stir until all vegetables are well covered with the dressing. Refrigerate overnight for best results.
- 5. To serve bring the salad to room temperature and stir.
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...