A twist on traditional French toast, in this recipe the bread, is infused with buttermilk, cinnamon and maple syrup and then sandwiched with tasty apples with a crispy pecan topping that will warm your heart and soul.
Buttermilk French Toast Casserole – Gluten-Free
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 12 pieces of light gluten-free bread (rice or quinoa is a good choice)
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 ¼ cup organic buttermilk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup + 1 tbsp. for topping
- 1 tsp. organic, gluten-free ground cinnamon
- 1 large organic apple, peel and thinly slice (I recommend Gala apples)
- 1 ½ tbsp. butter
- 1 cup raw chopped pecans
- 1. Line a 5 by 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom with a little butter
- 2. In a medium size bowl whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup and cinnamon
- 3. For the bread cut the crust off and place 6 slices on the bottom of a prepared pan Ladle on 1/3 of the egg mixture, half the apple slices, another layer of bread, rest of the egg mixture and the apples
- 4. Melt the remaining butter and add maple syrup
- 5. Top the casserole with pecans and butter maple mix, cover and refrigerate overnight
- 6. When ready, preheat oven to 350 F and bake for 45 minutes
- 7. Serve warm or room temperature with pure maple syrup and garnish with berries (optional)
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...