Beef and Black Bean Ragout
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 cups black beans, soaked in water overnight
- 2 pounds beef chuck in 2-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 1 large yellow or red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/4 cup dark beer
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 4 cups water
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 1. Season beef with chili powder, cumin, black pepper, coriander and oregano
- 2. Heat oil over medium-high heat in oven proof Dutch oven. Add seasoned beef and sear until lightly browned on all sides
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion, garlic and bell pepper and stir until everything is well combined and the vegetables are slightly softened about 3 minutes
- 4. Drain and rinse the black beans. Add tomatoes, black beans, beer, bay leaves, maple syrup, salt and water into the Dutch oven. Bring to boil, cover and place in the oven. Cook in 300 F oven for 3 hours
- 5. Remove from the oven and stir in cilantro and lime juice. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Sure to be a hit at breakfast, these gluten free...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...