Apple Walnut Cake – Gluten Free
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 organic apples, peel, core and cut to small pieces
- 1 cup sulfite free currants or raisins, soak in hot water for 30 minutes then drain
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. gluten-free, organic ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour + 2 tbsp. gluten-free, aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tbsp. demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp. gluten-free, organic ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 F
- 2. In a large bowl combine apples, currants/raisins, 1 tbsp. cinnamon and ½ cup maple syrup and then set aside
- 3. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, demerara sugar, flaxseed, salt, and 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4. In a small bowl whisk together water and egg, then add egg mixture to flour mix and combine until all the dry ingredients are covered, do not over mix
- 5. Pour batter into an 8” x 10” baking pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with walnuts and then pour melted coconut oil on top. Bake for 30 minutes
Hi, I’m Kristina. Welcome to Only Gluten Free Recipes, the home of healthy, nourishing recipes. My goal is to inspire you to embrace gluten-free recipes using wholesome ingredients, good fats and without refined sugar. Most of my recipes are simple and allergy friendly[...] Read more...
Love the convenience of a one-pot meal simmering on the...
Why have plain rice when you can indulge in this...
This is another gluten free recipe for detox hearty, comforting...