If you have a sensitivity to Gluten or have Celiac Disease, there are important things to consider when eating gluten free food.
HERE ARE 10 IMPORTANT FACTS
- You must completely segregate your kitchen to avoid cross-contamination
- You must have a separate toaster
- Every utensil you use must go through dishwasher first including a cutting board
- You must read all the labels and if you don’t understand an ingredient contact the manufacturer
- Spices ~ Must be gluten free
- When eating out, ask your server if your meal is 100% gluten-free, most restaurants say “to best of our ability” meaning NO unless you are eating at a gluten free restaurant
- Do not share a butter plate
- Visiting friends for dinner, you will need to bring your food because of cross contamination not necessarily because of the food they are serving
- When travelling always pack a cooler with gluten free food
- Making food from scratch ~ making food from scratch may be a luxury to some, this is why part of our work is filtering through hundreds of new products and using only the gluten free products that work well.